What a rough 18 months!

How things change in 18 months hey? June 2019 was a shocker for me. My 50 year old son had emergency surgery for an ‘aortic dissection’. An aortic dissection is a very serious condition where the inner layer of the aorta, the large blood vessel branching off the heart, tears. Blood surges through the tear, causing the inner and middle layers of the aorta to separate (dissect). In my 73 years I have never had to experience a child’s life hanging in the air. I can honestly say I was not afraid; I was terrified! After the relief of him surviving the 9 hour operation, the shock of seeing him in ICU in an induced coma with tubes coming out of him everywhere and a dialysis machine, my heart sank to the lowest depths as I realized he was not out of the woods yet. I have never cried so much in all my life as I did the following week waiting for him wake up. I was there when they removed the oxygen tube going through his mouth to his lungs and he said “I love you Mum”. I almost sunk to the floor with happiness because it was only then that I believed he would survive. After 3 months and a few hiccups, he finally went home.

I am not a religious person however I did call on the friend who died in 2018. Yes, I know; I must believe in something! She was a spiritual person who utilized many energetic tools. Before she died, she made me a tiled board with my name embedded into it. She told me that if I needed to contact her after she died, I should use the board. I didn’t know how I was going to do that. When my son was in the induced coma I was desperate so I went to my studio and touched the tiled board and pleaded for her to help my son. I thought anything was worth a try. Later when I went to visit my son in ICU, the staff said he was still stable but not ready to wake him up. As I sat there just staring at him, the strangest thing happened. A trolley which was standing against the wall started to move very slowly. I say moving because it was not rolling. It moved across the room and stopped next to my son’s bed! We all looked at each other amazed! The staff were not too surprised; they said lots of strange things happen in ICU. So….the next day when I went to visit, the staff were excited because my son’s readings had all taken a turn for the better and they had started to reduce the amount of some of his tubed medications. I know! Believe it or not; I am giving my deceased friend credit for assisting with my son’s recovery.

As we all know November 2019, all our lives changed with the arrival of COVID-19.

Exit mobile version